Monday 20 April 2009

The inevitable has arrived

Listening to: We are the Ocean - Ready for the Fall
Okay, so here is the blog all about GIAN, which was bound to come. :D
Firstly me and Goodman managed to lose an hour of the day. We planned on catching trains that would get us to Manchester Academy 1 about three, so we could queue for a bit. Somehow we arrived bang on four. Well, the train got in about 3:45 and we legged it all the way down Oxford Road (which has to be THE longest road EVER) and walked straight in. On walking in, the ticket guy was like "Let me read your t-shirt, love".. so I let him. It was rather awkward; an old man looking at me.
This was my shirt:
Fuck Lostprophets
Then the guy next to him read it, too, and was all "Nice statement ;)"
Then we went in. People were sat on the floor all over the place, and it wasn't all that busy so we got drinks, and then sat down for a bit. It all started at 4:45 so we stood around the edge, not bothered about 'In This Moment', the first band, who were shiiiite. Then 'Lights' was on, and we moved a bit closer for that. She was actually rather good :) and had nice hair. She managed to get a whole room of college kids & co to sing Boyzone in sync; that is talent, ahah. Then 'Emery', who aren't that amazing live and have a Jesus look-alike in their band. So yes, Jesus now plays keyboard and screams. :)
During these, I had two more people read my t-shirt and talk to me, although they thought it was in a bad way, meaning I didn't like 'Lostprophets', when actually, I love them. ;D
Then 'The King Blues' played and people began to get into a it a little more. Especially when 'Save the World, Get the Girl' was played. Thats when we got going, too.
'The Academy Is...' were awesome, although they only played 2 new songs; the rest were old. I'm not complaining, 'cause I knew them all, but Goodman didn't, and she couldn't see, either.
The Academy Is...
Then came 'The Blackout', the band I was mostly there for, and fucking hell, it. was. fantastic. Sean Smith is so hot, and they are so good, and the pit thing was mental. The best band/experience of seeing a band I've seen/had. Seriously.
The Blackout
The Blackout
And finally, 'Enter Shikari'.
Enter Shikari
Me and Goodman wandered about a bit during the beginning of them, got merch, drinks, loo's etc. The Merch guy for 'The Blackout' (I got a tee) loved my shirt, too. I stepped up to the stand, and he went: "Omg, I have to get a picture of your top! I'll send it to Ian... he's gonna fucking love it!!" I presume he meant Ian Watkins (the singer of LP) so haha, Ian Watkins is being sent a picture of my top.
Then Goodman left me for a bit to go into the pit. I didn't dare xD and someone had to save the bags. All in all it was one of the best gigs I've been to in the end, simply based on funness. :D I'm so going again!!
In other news, my phone came today and it's working and everything so far. Fingers crossed it stays like that.
And 2 of the dresses we ordered from the internet came. One of them is passable; it's purple and metallic and rather nice, I must say, for a dress anyway.
Okay, my fingers hurt from typing so much and so fast now, so i'm going to go and rest them before they begin to hurt so much like the rest of my body does. :)
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment